The Accident

On 4/16/2010 at approximately 10 to 10:15pm, my Lenny was involved in a serious boating accident. There were 6 occupants of the boat, all were injured. Both Lenny and his best friend Jakie sustained life threatening injuries and were airlifted to trauma centers, Jakie to Las Vegas, Lenny to Phoenix.

I received a call at 1:45am informing me of the accident. I then spent the next 2 hours trying to find him and find out what happened. After calling two hospitals I found Jakie, and then called his mom and she took it from there. I still couldn't find Lenny, so I called the Lake Havasu Police and they got back to me in about a half an hour telling me he was in Phoenix and that the social worker would be calling me soon. Next came the longest 20 minutes of my life. Waiting to hear....

Lenny sustained the following injuries - Completely fractured face from the upper jaw to above the eyes, broken neck, broken ribs, collapsed lungs, and severely broken legs. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I spent the next several minutes rallying friends and getting to YiYi (that is what Lenny calls his sister). We all headed to Phoenix and below I will update you on his condition, how we are holding up, and have a way to communicate with you to keep you updated and be able to answer your questions and be able to get the support we so desperately need from all the wonderful people that love him.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Week Eight

We have gone a little backwards this past week. Lenny saw the Orthopedic Surgeon on Thursday and his legs are not healing as they should be, so, absolutely NO pressure on either leg for one month. They are worried that when he stands he may be putting to much pressure on the rods and screws and they don't want any to break. So on July 9th we go have xrays, and on July 13th he sees the doctor again.

The pain Lenny is feeling in his face is progressively getting worse. Some days he barely even talks it hurts so bad. He sees our doctor on Monday to talk about it, so hopefully they will be able to do something for the pain. All we can imagine is that the nerves repairing themselves are what is calling the pain.

He starts therapy at Casa Colina on Tuesday, which is good. They will work on strengthening his muscles.

Next week I hope to report that the pain in his face is under control! Until next week....

Love, Lenny and Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Love You Lenny! So glad you are home. Don't get discouraged your kind of injuries take time to heal. You still have a long life ahead of you, Be thankful for that as all of those who love you are. Take care sweetie. Just be glad you don't live in misery (Missourri) =)

    Mom
    Mindy



    ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))

    ReplyDelete